Comprehensive testing, our most extensive type of evaluation, provides a valuable tool for differentiating among various explanations for a given behavior or difficulty. PPG’s comprehensive testing examines a child’s functioning in all areas that could potentially contribute to identified difficulties in school, home, and the community. As such, it identifies relative strengths and challenges in both psychoeducational and social/emotional realms and we use the results to develop a well-rounded and detailed plan for intervention and improvement.
What does PPG’s comprehensive testing package include?
- Intelligence testing (i.e., IQ test)
- Achievement testing in reading, writing, and mathematics
- Attention and executive functioning testing
- Visual and auditory memory testing
- Visual-motor integration testing
- Social/emotional testing (i.e., assessment of depression, anxiety, social problems, coping skills etc.)
- Consultation with parents, teachers, and other professionals working with your child (e.g., pediatrician, occupational therapist, etc.)
- Review of previous test results, report cards, and writing samples where applicable
Comprehensive testing provides the most detailed data about the unique needs of your particular child. At PPG, we customize the comprehensive assessment process to answer your specific questions and concerns. This level of testing gives us a deeper insight into your child’s relative strengths and challenges and helps to hone our understanding of what is most likely to be contributing to the behaviors of concern for your child.
Contact us for a free phone consultation to see if Comprehensive Testing would be appropriate for your child